|Director, Gujarat Social|
|Functions of Directorate|
- To collect, process and compile data pertaining to various sectors of Human Development
- To organize training programmes on Human Development for various levels of functionaries working in the Secretariat, HODs, District offices and Taluka offices
- To update the State Human Development Report published earlier.
- To prepare and publish the District Human Development Report (s)
- To implement the work plan of Gujarat Social Infrastructure Development Society.
- To implement the UNDP project on Strengthening State Plan for Human Development.
- DHD is administrative as well as Research Unit. Since Human Development is pervasive in different sectors, it plays a vital role in upliftment of underprivileged.